At Starfire, we believe participation in soccer can shape the lives of those who play. This year’s Xtreme Cup looks to show youth players how they can make a difference through soccer both on and off the field.
For every team that registers for the Xtreme Cup, Starfire will donate $50* to The Goodtimes Project. You can also get your team directly involved, building team unity and among players while supporting a great cause and competing for exciting prizes. Learn more about The Goodtimes Project and our fundraising challenge.
August 18-20, 2017
Boys & Girls U10-U19
Rec & Low to Mid Select Teams
Entry Fee $400
- U10 is 7v7, 25-minute halves
- U11 & U12 is 9v9, 25-minute halves
- U13-19 is 11 v 11, 30-minute halves
- 3 game minimum
- 1st & 2nd place awards
- Game balls provided
- Washington State referees
- Out of state teams
- Some games may be played at Valley Ridge
- Registration Deadline: August 4 or until filled (tournament often fills before deadline)
- Low to Mid Select Teams are defined as teams participating in select level leagues (ex: NPSL, PSPL Classic & Copa Divisions, SSUL, etc.) – please email [email protected] with any questions regarding this classification.
Paid parking in effect at Starfire
Tournament Activities & Special Offers
Just by signing up for the Xtreme Cup, you will help to support The Goodtimes Project through Starfire’s $50 donation*. Get more involved by starting your team’s own fundraising campaign, and you can make an even bigger difference, while also vying for some great prizes.
The Goodtimes Project was formed in late 2013 to carry on the 30-year legacy of Camp Goodtimes, and to ensure no-cost programming remained available to local families dealing with the financial and emotional costs of childhood cancer a cost-free week of summer camp. This year, The Goodtimes Project is expanding their reach beyond summer camps.
The Goodtimes Project vision is that all families affected by childhood cancer will experience a community of hope, joy, and love. When cancer becomes your world, The Goodtimes Project creates caring spaces for local families to connect and kids to be kids, through camps, events, and programs.
The Goodtimes Project is a 501(c)3 non-profit dedicated to raising money for and producing programs that support the children, siblings, and families in Western Washington and Alaska dealing with pediatric cancer. The funds raised for The Goodtimes Project via the 2017 Starfire Xtreme Cup will, in part, provide funding for local children affected by pediatric cancer to attend Starfire Academy programs.
Help these children forget about cancer for a while, and remember what it’s like to just be a kid. Together, we can make a difference through soccer!
*Excludes teams that are financially assisted by Starfire
Photos from the camp supported by the 2015 Xtreme Cup
Collecting & Submitting Donations
- Visit http://www.thegoodtimesproject.org/starfire-xtreme-cup/
- Click on the “START A DONATION PAGE NOW” button at the bottom of the page
- Click the red “BECOME A FUNDRAISER” button
- Click the “Create a team” icon
- Enter your Team Name, set your team fundraising goal, update your Team Page Headline and then click the “CREATE TEAM” button
- Create your account by entering your email address and creating a password, or you can continue with Facebook
- Create your profile by following the prompts
- You can now choose to upload your team photo or use the Starfire Xtreme Cup logo.
- Now your team is created, and you are listed as the Captain. The page is pre-set with verbiage. You can choose to change it or leave it as you see fit.
- The team can choose to submit all donations through this site, or each member can “Join Team” via the new team page. If the members choose to join the team, they will each have their own fundraising page (set up the same as yours) and their fundraising totals will count to the team goal.
- To make changes and to manage the team page, click on the “MANAGE” button at the top right of the team fundraising page. When you enter this page, there will be auto generated suggestions for you to follow to personalize the team page.
Individual Credit Card Donations
Individual credit card donations can be made using this secure, online form
Cash & Check Donations
- Our donation tracking sheet can be used to track your progress and take note of individual donors and amounts
- You can submit these donations online via your team fundraising page -OR- submit the cash and checks at Tournament Headquarters on Saturday, August 20th between 10am and 2pm
- Checks that will be submitted during the tournament weekend should be made out to The Goodtimes Project with 2017 Xtreme Cup in the notes
Starfire and The Goodtimes Project are currently working on a packet of tools you can use in your fundraising efforts, which will be made available to you soon! In the meantime, start your fundraising plan. Here are some ideas we like:
- Have a change drive at practice
- Host a car wash, bake sale, or team garage sale
- Hold a kick-a-thon
- Create a Facebook event page and invite all your friends to donate
- See more ideas from fundraising-ideas.org
Prizes will be awarded to teams who reach the following fundraising targets:
$300 – A gift pack including sunglasses, lip balm, and a mini soccer ball for each player
$750 – A signed Sounders mini ball for each player
$1250 – A team party at Starfire: 1 hour on a Starfire field, 1 hour in a Starfire party room, and a light meal for the group*
$2000 – A team party at Starfire with a Sounders player; everything in the package above plus a player appearance!*
$2500 – A special viewing of a Sounders FC training at Starfire Sports*
* For the team parties and training sessions, the events will be joint sessions for all eligible teams who reach the respective goals. Dates and times to be mutually agreed upon by all parties.
Discounted Match Tickets: Sounders FC vs Minnesota FC
As part of your weekend, watch the Sounders take on MLS newcomer at CenturyLink. Tournament participants can get special rates on group tickets. Kickoff is Sunday, August 20th at 7:00pm at CenturyLink Field.
To get your group tickets, contact Frank Moreno at [email protected] or 206-926-3669.
Complimentary Concierge Services
Bringing your team to Starfire Sports just got easier. Let Kristina Thorne of the Seattle Southside Regional Tourism Authority help plan your trip, free of charge! Kristina’s complimentary concierge services include:
- Help finding the best group rates at team friendly hotels
- Recommendations on where to take the team for pre/post tournament meals
- Copies of free area guides, maps and coupons for registration or mailings
- Suggestions for team friendly pre/post activities
To get started, simply contact Kristina Thorne at 877.885.9452 or [email protected]. Save time. Avoid hassles. Talk to a local specialist.