Benefiting The Goodtimes Project
At Starfire, we believe participation in soccer can shape the lives of those who play. This year’s Xtreme Cup looks to show youth players how they can make a difference through soccer both on and off the field.
For every team that registers for the Xtreme Cup, Starfire will donate $50* to The Goodtimes Project. You can also get your team directly involved, building team unity and among players while supporting a great cause and competing for exciting prizes. Learn more about The Goodtimes Project and our fundraising challenge.
August 17-19, 2018
Boys & Girls U10-U19
Rec & Low to Mid Select Teams
Entry Fee $410
- U10 is 7v7, 25-minute halves
- U11 & U12 is 9v9, 25-minute halves
- U13-19 is 11 v 11, 30-minute halves
- 3 game minimum
- 1st & 2nd place awards
- Game balls provided
- Washington State referees
- Out of state teams
- Some games may be played at Valley Ridge
- Paid parking in effect at Starfire
- Low to Mid Select Teams are defined as teams participating in select level leagues (ex: NPSL, PSPL Classic & Copa Divisions, SSUL, etc.) – please email [email protected] with any questions regarding this classification
- Registration deadline is August 1st OR UNTIL FILLED (tournament often fills before the deadline)
- Register now
Tournament Activities & Special Offers
Just by signing up for the Xtreme Cup, you will help to support The Goodtimes Project through Starfire’s $50 donation*. Get more involved by starting your team’s own fundraising campaign, and you can make an even bigger difference, while also vying for some great prizes.
The Goodtimes Project was formed in late 2013 to carry on the 30-year legacy of Camp Goodtimes, and to ensure no-cost programming remained available to local families dealing with the financial and emotional costs of childhood cancer a cost-free week of summer camp. This year, The Goodtimes Project is expanding their reach beyond summer camps.
The Goodtimes Project vision is that all families affected by childhood cancer will experience a community of hope, joy, and love. When cancer becomes your world, The Goodtimes Project creates caring spaces for local families to connect and kids to be kids, through camps, events, and programs.
The Goodtimes Project is a 501(c)3 non-profit dedicated to raising money for and producing programs that support the children, siblings, and families in Western Washington and Alaska dealing with pediatric cancer. The funds raised for The Goodtimes Project via the 2017 Starfire Xtreme Cup will, in part, provide funding for local children affected by pediatric cancer to attend Starfire Academy programs.
Help these children forget about cancer for a while, and remember what it’s like to just be a kid. Together, we can make a difference through soccer!
*Excludes teams that are financially assisted by Starfire
Collecting & Submitting Donations
- Details coming soon
Individual Credit Card Donations
- Details coming soon
Cash & Check Donations
- Our donation tracking sheet can be used to track your progress and take note of individual donors and amounts
- You can submit these donations online via your team fundraising page -OR- submit the cash and checks at Tournament Headquarters on Saturday, August 20th between 10am and 2pm
- Checks that will be submitted during the tournament weekend should be made out to The Goodtimes Project with 2017 Xtreme Cup in the notes
Starfire and The Goodtimes Project are currently working on a packet of tools you can use in your fundraising efforts, which will be made available to you soon! In the meantime, start your fundraising plan. Here are some ideas we like:
- Have a change drive at practice
- Host a car wash, bake sale, or team garage sale
- Hold a kick-a-thon
- Create a Facebook event page and invite all your friends to donate
- See more ideas from fundraising-ideas.org
Prizes will be awarded to teams who reach the following fundraising targets:
$300 – A gift pack including sunglasses, lip balm, and a mini soccer ball for each player
$750 – A signed Sounders mini ball for each player
$1250 – A team party at Starfire: 1 hour on a Starfire field, 1 hour in a Starfire party room, and a light meal for the group*
$2000 – Announcement coming soon
$2500 – Announcement coming soon
Complimentary Concierge Services
Bringing your team to Starfire Sports just got easier. Let Kristina Thorne of the Seattle Southside Regional Tourism Authority help plan your trip, free of charge! Kristina’s complimentary concierge services include:
- Help finding the best group rates at team friendly hotels
- Recommendations on where to take the team for pre/post tournament meals
- Copies of free area guides, maps and coupons for registration or mailings
- Suggestions for team friendly pre/post activities
To get started, simply contact Kristina Thorne at 877.885.9452 or [email protected]. Save time. Avoid hassles. Talk to a local specialist.