Registration for our Fall 2020 8v8 leagues is open and details are available below. To ensure the health and safety of all participants, referees and staff, leagues will be conducted in accordance with Washington state’s Safe Start reopening guidelines for sporting activities as well as Starfire’s Return to Play guidelines. In order for league games to be played, the case metrics for King County on the state dashboard must be within the MODERATE or LOW range as specified by the new government guidance for sporting activities (less than 75 cases per 100,000 over 14 days).
Starfire’s outdoor 8v8 league takes the rules and speed of indoor soccer outside. Played on a smaller field and with smaller goals than 11v11, 8v8 is a great hybrid of indoor and outdoor soccer. Register for the next session or view current session game schedules and results.
Currently playing in another adult soccer league, but thinking of bringing your team to Starfire? Let us cover the cost of your membership dues to make that decision a little easier. Just Show us your current league membership or player card, and we will give you up to one year of Starfire membership free when you sign up a team!*
*The fine print: The remaining length of your current membership will be doubled (up to 1 year). To take advantage of this offer, a minimum of one year must have passed since a previous Starfire membership expired.
Fall 2020 League Details
Refer a new team and get $100! Details.
|Leagues||Coed Rec||Men’s O30||Men’s Rec||Coed Rec||Coed Rec|
|Men’s Rec||Women’s O30||Women’s Open||Women’s O40|
|# of Games||8 Games|
- Games are 10 minute quarters; game start times are 6pm to 10pm
- Rosters will be rebuilt so that all players must join the online roster, signing our new waiver and reviewing our Return to Play guidelines.
- First Game Schedule will be posted as soon as possible
- Registration is available on an ongoing basis, with new teams receiving a pro-rated team fee, through the first three weeks of the league
- In order to maintain the health and safety of all individuals after a long layoff from playing and considering the pandemic, no standings will be kept for the fall season
- Only rostered players may participate and only those playing in the game may be present for that team’s match
- Each team may only carry a maximum of thirteen (13) players per game in order to ensure physical distancing
- Masks are required at all times while not playing
- Teams will be placed on the opposite side of the field with no spectators inside the gated premises
- 8 players on the field (4 male, 3 female, GK either gender for Coed leagues)
- 8 players minimum to 20 players maximum on roster
**Non-refundable deposit included in team fee
Read the 8v8 League Rules – Please note that the FIFA Laws of the Game have changed for 2019! Click here to view the changes at a glance, and here for more in depth information and clarifications about the changes.
8v8 Soccer League Division Descriptions
Women’s Open. Women’s Open is a moderately competitive level of play. Teams feature players with college, high school and competitive youth club level soccer experience.
Women’s Recreational. Our women’s recreational 8v8 league is for a wide range of skill levels of players who are usually recreational or casual soccer players.
Women’s Over 30. Our women’s Over 30 8v8 league is a moderately competitive level of play for soccer players who are 30 or older by the day of that game.
Women’s Over 40. Women’s Over 40 is the most recreational women’s 8v8 soccer league at Starfire. Participants are usually beginners or casual soccer players who must be 40 or older by the day of that game.
Coed Competitive. Coed Competitive is the most competitive level of play. Teams feature players with college and competitive youth club level soccer experience.
Coed Recreational. Participants in Coed Rec are usually beginners or casual soccer players that are recreational or trying to get back into the sport.
Coed Over 30. Coed O30 is a moderately competitive level of play for soccer players who are 30 or older by the day of that game.
Men’s Competitive. Men’s Competitive is the most advanced and competitive 8v8 men’s soccer league. Teams typically have players with college and/or professional playing experience.
Men’s Recreational. For a wide range of skill levels of players who are usually recreational or casual soccer players.
Men’s Over 30. Men’s Over 30 is a moderately competitive level of play for soccer players who are 30 or older by the day of that game.