Starfire Sports is incorporated into the State of Washington as a non-profit corporation and is designated as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization by the IRS. We are dedicated to providing the ultimate soccer experience to every player, while encouraging and empowering youth through participation in sports. Our world-class facilities and programming provide the foundation for delivering on this mission, but it is our people who make the biggest impact.
NOW HIRING for enthusiastic candidates for our Starfire associate position, part time Social & Digital Media Intern, and a full time Director of Charitable and Social Development. The part-time associate position will include working in parking, concessions, guest services, refereeing and as a coach for our kids programs. Details for the Director position below.
Social & Digital Media Intern
Employment Type: Part Time, Seasonal
Location: Tukwila, WA
Application Contact: [email protected]
The Social and Digital Media Intern will be exposed to the day-to-day workings of Starfire Sports spanning recreational to professional-level soccer, and work to capture the essence of the business and communicate it to the market. We are looking for a motivated self-starter with a love for sports that will act as an integral part of maintaining and developing our social media presence and digital media archives. The intern will learn how to build communities among consumer groups, and promote products and events through social media. Additionally, the intern will gain valuable experience social media analytics, and how they can be used to improve the social media presence of a business.
Basic Duties Include:
- Update Starfire’s social media accounts with promotion of programs and initiatives, relevant news, and real-time coverage of activities and events
- Interact with social media platforms of relevant organizations and interest groups
- Monitor social media platforms and respond to posts or comments from customers
- Research social media activities of model organizations and make recommendations for new campaigns and initiatives
- Use analytics tools to assess Starfire’s social media performance and adjusts plans or strategies to optimize reach
- Interact with customers on site at Starfire to promote programs and initiatives, collect feedback, and encourage interactions with our social media accounts
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration
- Detail-oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Consistent positive attitude and outgoing personality
- Familiarity and mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
- Pursuing a marketing, business or communications degree
- Ability to work flexible hours, primarily evenings and weekends
- Knowledge of and familiarity with various mobile devices and various social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
- Experience with photography, basic photo-editing and video-editing software a plus
- Criminal history background check
Director of STEM and Social Development
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Tukwila, WA
Salary: Depending on Experience. Comprehensive benefits package.
Application Contact: [email protected]
Starfire Sports, the epicenter of soccer in the northwest visited by hundreds of thousands annually, is committed to building community by delivering an inclusive, world-class soccer and learning experience to every player that inspires, encourages and empowers our youth through participation in soccer. Since our inception over 15 years ago, we have strived to build and maintain the most beautiful soccer campus in the country while ensuring that access to our campus and programs remain inclusive to all within our community. We are proud of what we have accomplished but this is only the first phase of our plan! Starfire Phase 2 will build upon our amazing campus and partnerships (including with the Seattle Sounders FC) to utilize soccer as a platform for providing additional community service programs including youth education/mentoring, environmental awareness, health and wellness programs. The Charitable and Social Development Director will pioneer these new programs beginning with innovative progressive STEM based learning classes that use fun gamification, team-based learning to reach mastery.
They must be an experienced technology-based educator with curriculum development skills, a team player, passionate, and be able to connect and effectively communicate our mission and youth development programs to corporate and foundation executives, government officials, and philanthropists.
Do you have what it takes?
We are looking for a team player who wants to make a difference!
Primary duties include:
- Develop long-range community service program plans
- Develop, cultivate and maintain curriculum for all community service programs.
- Develop fundraising goals in partnership with CEO and Board and build short and long-term strategies to meet those goals.
- Develop, cultivate and maintain relationships with government, corporate and foundation donors, as well as like-minded partners
- Serve as a public representative of the organization cultivating relationships with key corporate and foundation representatives to build awareness of and commitment to the Starfire mission.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 4 years increasing responsibility and considerable experience within an education/teaching role.
- Successful grant application experience preferred.
- Outstanding public speaking skills.
- Ability to use interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with State, County and City officials, potential funders, board members and staff.
- STEM based hands on learning background, robotics, Math etc.
- Athletic background including college level athletic participation preferred.
Interested applicants should apply online through the Starfire Sports Employment Application.
If you wish to apply to be a volunteer for a Starfire event, please fill out our Volunteer Application.