Starfire Sports is incorporated into the State of Washington as a non-profit corporation and is designated as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization by the IRS. We are dedicated to providing the ultimate soccer experience to every player, while encouraging and empowering youth through participation in sports. Our world-class facilities and programming provide the foundation for delivering on this mission, but it is our people who make the biggest impact.
NOW HIRING for enthusiastic candidates for our Starfire associate position and a Part Time Facilities Field Specialist. The part-time associate position will include working in parking, concessions, guest services, refereeing and as a coach for our kids programs. Please see below for the Facilities Field Specialist position details.
Position: Part-Time Facilities Field Specialist
Hours: 32 hours per week
- Perform facility maintenance as assigned by Director or Lead Specialist
- Take note of any facilities maintenance needs, report to Director or Lead Specialist
- Ability to work in fast paced environment, and strenuously for long periods of time. Ability to lift and/or carry 50 pounds
- Attention to detail, takes personal initiative, completes all work with high quality
- Consistent positive attitude, punctual and responsible
- Motivated with ability to work individually or with others (good team player)
- Ability to operate/ learn to operate equipment (mowers, utility vehicles, weedeater, etc)
- Ability to adapt/adjust to ever changing job tasks
- Exceptional customer service attitude
- Ability to work a minimum of 32 hours per week, with flexibility to work varying shifts as the event schedule necessitates. Varying shifts may include weeknights and weekends.
- Regular schedule to include Sunday evening shift 2:00-10:30pm, or as needed.
- Criminal history background check
- Operation of small equipment/hand tools.
- Technical degree or other education and/or experience related to agronomy/horticulture/sports turf/facilities maintenance/handyman work
Interested applicants should apply online through the Starfire Sports Employment Application.
If you wish to apply to be a volunteer for a Starfire event, please fill out our Volunteer Application.