Starfire Sports is incorporated into the State of Washington as a non-profit corporation and is designated as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization by the IRS. We are dedicated to providing the ultimate soccer experience to every player, while encouraging and empowering youth through participation in sports. Our world-class facilities and programming provide the foundation for delivering on this mission, but it is our people who make the biggest impact.
NOW HIRING for enthusiastic candidates for our Starfire associate position and a Part Time Facilities Field Specialist. The part-time associate position will include working in parking, concessions, guest services, refereeing and as a coach for our kids programs. Please see below for the Facilities Field Specialist position details.
Position: Part-Time Facilities Field Specialist – available beginning July 27th
Hours: Minimum of 24 hours per week, not to exceed 100 hours per month
Compensation: $11-$15 per hour, depending on skills, experience and performance; overtime paid at time and a half
- Perform maintenance on the Seattle Sounders FC natural grass practice field (Field 12), as assigned by the Director or Lead Specialist.
- Take note of any Field 12 maintenance needs, report to the Director or Lead Specialist
- Work Sounders U.S. Open Cup matches and S2 matches at Starfire Sports Stadium as assigned by the Director.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment, and strenuously for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and/or carry 50 pounds
- Attention to detail, takes personal initiative, completes all work with high quality
- Consistent positive attitude, punctual and responsible
- Motivated with ability to work individually or with others (good team player)
- Ability to operate/ learn to operate equipment (mowers, utility vehicles, weedeater, etc)
- Ability to adapt/adjust to ever changing job tasks
- Exceptional customer service attitude
- Schedule to consist primarily of afternoon to early evening shifts (ex. Noon-6pm), but with flexibility to periodically work varying shifts as the Sounders training schedule and field maintenance plan necessitates.
- Criminal history background check
- Ability to operate tractor, mower, and other sports turf equipment.
- Technical degree or other education/experience related to agronomy/horticulture/turf management.
Interested applicants should apply online through the Starfire Sports Employment Application.
If you wish to apply to be a volunteer for a Starfire event, please fill out our Volunteer Application.