Starfire Sports is incorporated into the State of Washington as a non-profit corporation and is designated as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization by the IRS. We are dedicated to providing the ultimate soccer experience to every player, while encouraging and empowering youth through participation in sports. Our world-class facilities and programming provide the foundation for delivering on this mission, but it is our people who make the biggest impact.
NOW HIRING for enthusiastic candidates for our Starfire associate position, as well as for a FULL TIME League Manager position. The part-time associate position will include working in parking, concessions, guest services, refereeing and as a coach for our kids programs. Please see below for the League Manager Position details.
Position: League Manager
Hours: 40 (or more) per week
- Management of specific leagues, including sales/registration, scheduling, customer interaction, customer retention, and responsibility to achieve business targets.
- Sales and marketing of leagues utilizing telesales, email, and social media
- Customer management and team manager relations for assigned leagues.
- Report to senior management on trends, issues and new business development ideas.
- Operational management of 54 acre soccer complex during selected shifts, including management and load balancing of staff in all functional areas (Guest Services, Parking, Concessions, Referee) and emergency/crisis management
- Provide employee management and leadership of assigned staff, including training and reviews
- Accountable for all cash management in each functional area
- Attend weekly operations meetings and seasonal program meetings
- Ensure staff compliance with all Starfire policies and procedures including emergency protocols.
- One year in sports/park facility management or equivalent experience
- One year in sales/team recruiting or equivalent experience
- Ability to actively manage a facility by assessing needs, issues, emergency situations and relocate resources and staff duties
- Attention to detail, takes personal initiative, completes all work with high quality
- Motivated with ability to manage and lead others
- Ability to defuse conflict situations
- High level of communication skills
- Exceptional customer service attitude
- Ability to work flexible hours, primarily nights and weekends
- Must pass criminal history background check and e-verify
- Bi-lingual English-Spanish proficiency
- Great leadership qualities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Interested applicants should apply online through the Starfire Sports Employment Application.
If you wish to apply to be a volunteer for a Starfire event, please fill out our Volunteer Application.