Starfire’s central location means you’re never far away from great activities or a place to stay, and Explore Seattle Southside can help you plan the perfect tournament experience.
Plan Your Visit
Take advantage of the abundance of local restaurants, and activities near Starfire Sports. The region around us is known as Seattle Southside and includes the cities of SeaTac, Tukwila and Des Moines. With the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport right here in our backyard and downtown Seattle just a short light rail ride away — you’ve got access to it all.
Food & Drink
Take a break from the games and enjoy a bite in Seattle Southside. There are so many restaurants nearby! If your game finishes early or late there are happy hour deals or late night options. Need family friendly, group dining, or outdoor dining? There is a plethora of fast-food options near Westfield Southcenter just a few minutes from the complex. For more unique options to the region, Spice Bridge, The Pancake Chef, 13 Coins and Copperleaf Restaurant are all distinctly PNW locations. For international options try African, Japanese, Mexican and Thai options all less than ten minutes away. No matter what tastebuds you’re looking to satisfy, you can find a flavor that’ll make you say “Yum!”
There are three light rail stations in Seattle Southside so there is bound to be one near where you’re staying! The closest Link Light Rail station to Starfire is the Tukwila International Boulevard Station, located just over three miles away, and from there Downtown Seattle is only minutes away! You can also walk one mile to the Sounder Train Station to head downtown. Need your own wheels? Our convenient location near the airport means there’s lots of car rental options available as well.
Activities and Attractions Nearby
There are so many things to do nearby we can’t list them all but here are a few of our favorites:
- Need some last-minute sports gear? Soccer West at Starfire, along with renowned retailers like Big 5, Dick’s Sporting Goods, REI, and Target, are conveniently situated less than a ten-minute drive from the complex.
- Westfield Southcenter is the largest shopping center in the Northwest. Perfect for that PNW souvenir, the item you forgot or just something to do before or after the game including Round 1 Bowling & Amusement or AMC Theaters.
- Museum of Flight: Learn about the history of flight from the earliest days through the space age and today at this world-class museum.
- iFLY Indoor Skydiving: It’s time to fly – literally! Skydive without a parachute in this unique experience that allows you to take flight without jumping out of a plane. Great for kids aged 3-103.
- Family Fun Center: Great fun for kids of all ages, this indoor/outdoor place has everything: go-karts, batting cages, an arcade, bowling, rides, water bumper boats and more!
- Des Moines Beach Park: Take a scenic walk through the great outdoors at this local favorite beach. No matter the time of year, you can enjoy gorgeous views and one of the best sunsets around.
- Interurban Trail: Right next door to Starfire is a 14-mile trail that crosses a wide variety of landscapes like the Green River and provides views of many regional activities. Cool down after the game with a walk on the trail or bring your roller blades to cover even more ground.
- Seattle Southside Scenes Trail: Explore history, art, and culture in our neighborhood with the Scenes Trail, a guided tour of cultural hotspots and points of interest in Seattle Southside. It’s free to sign up, and visiting locations on the trail can earn you prizes!
Want to save while you explore? Get deals on attractions, restaurants and more with the Seattle Southside Savings Pass.
Looking for more to do? Find something curiously wonderful to do on the Event Calendar.
Complimentary Planning Services
All Starfire tournament participants gain access to complimentary planning services from Explore Seattle Southside, including side-by-side hotel comparisons and recommended activities and attractions for your team-including maps, coupons, area guides and tips on what restaurants are team friendly. To get started, simply contact Explore Seattle Southside at 206-686-7261 or [email protected]. Save time. Avoid hassles. Talk to a local specialist.
Want to do the Legwork on Your own?
Check out Explore Seattle Southside for area information. To find out which hotels offer the best team rates, free parking, continental breakfast, non-smoking rooms and are close to Starfire, contact Explore Seattle Southside at [email protected].