Micro training practices are currently held for 6/7 year olds and 8/9 year olds. Our classes will comply with all state and county guidance as it pertains to COVID-19. Masks are no longer required indoors. Vaccine verification or proof of a negative test is no longer required as well. Online registration is strongly encouraged.
Micro Training presents our youngest players with basic technical training and an exciting introduction to team soccer. Each class consists of a 20 minute warm-up and training session at the beginning of each session, followed by 30 minutes of game play. Participants will be learning skills like dribbling, passing, shooting, and field-placement to make the game portion more successful. Games are played on small indoor fields, encouraging children to develop ball control, an understanding of the game and the importance of teamwork. Micro is recommended for those who have at least one year of experience playing soccer, through our stars classes or a comparable program.
In conjunction with recommendations from U.S. Soccer’s Player Safety Campaign statement, we will not be practicing or providing training instruction on heading the soccer ball in an effort to limit head injuries.
Late Spring / Early Summer 2022 Session Details
Our late spring / early summer season details are below and registration is currently open. All practices will be held indoor on field 2.
Age groups and times are as follows:
6/7 year olds – Thursdays at 4:30 PM and Sundays at 9:30 AM; 8 weeks from May 12 – June 30
8/9 year olds – Thursdays at 5:40 PM and Sundays at 10:40 AM; 8 weeks from May 15 – July 10 (no class July 3)
$155 per participant. Starfire membership not currently required. Please note that micro league fees are non-refundable. Save when you sign up for both a Starfire STEM and soccer program (details on the STEM page).
You may be eligible for financial assistance. Learn more.
Starfire Sports will randomly assign players to their teams. We work to meet placement requests. Players will receive team assignments and micro shirts starting the third week of each session.
Length of Games
After approximately 20 minutes of training, we’ll have games for approximately 30 minutes.
Length of Sessions
Our Starfire coaches work with teams weekly, with the first couple of classes being training sessions followed by classes that are more and more focused on playing small-sided games.
Uniform t-shirts are included in the program cost and are passed out at practice the third week of each session after teams are formed. Players will need to bring their own soccer ball until we are permitted to regularly use shared equipment again in accordance with state guidelines. Shin guards are required. Athletic or turf shoes. NO CLEATS please.
How to Register
- Log in to our registration site using your username and password.
- Not a member? Enter your email address in the New Customer Registration field to begin the process. Learn more about the benefits of membership.
- Once logged in, click Register on the left-hand side and under “Classes, Camps & Clinics”, select Continue.
- Select your child or “add new child” to register a new child not in the system.
- The following screen should bring up the list of Stars classes or Micro Leagues that are available for that child. You can use the drop-down menu to search for other classes. Please note that micro league registration closes after the first two weeks of each session, but it may reach capacity before this time.
- After finding the correct class, click Register and follow the prompts on the following page.
- If your child is not a current Starfire Sports Member, you can purchase a membership on the payment screen (membership not currently required for participation due to the pandemic)
- In the shopping cart, click continue to proceed with payment.
- Enter your credit card number and expiration date. Select the “Process Payment” button.
- You will be sent a receipt via email.