UPDATE (8/4): Micro training is currently on hiatus during Phase 2. For those 7 and older interested in soccer program options, please refer to the technical training page.
Micro Training presents our youngest players with basic technical training and an exciting introduction to team soccer. Each class consists of a 20 minute warm-up and training session at the beginning of each session, followed by 30 minutes of game play. Participants will be learning skills like dribbling, passing, shooting, and field-placement to make each 30-minute game more successful. Games are played on small indoor fields, encouraging children to develop ball control, an understanding of the game and the importance of teamwork. Micro is recommended for those who have at least one year of experience playing soccer, through our stars classes or a comparable program.
In conjunction with recommendations from U.S. Soccer’s Player Safety Campaign statement, we will not be practicing or providing training instruction on heading the soccer ball in an effort to limit head injuries.
Summer 2020 Session Details
The summer 2020 session has concluded..
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we will not be able to host micro training during Phase 2.
All practices will be held on outdoor Field 10.
6/7 year olds
8/9 year olds
You may be eligible for financial assistance. Learn more.
There will be no team play during Phase Two of the Safe Start re-opening plan. Players will be placed into groups of four for the entirety of the season, with those players taking part in socially distanced training.
For Phase Three and beyond, teams formed of four to six players, allowing for three field players, one goalie if needed, and substitutes. Starfire Sports randomly assigns players to their teams. We work to meet placement requests. Players will receive team assignments, uniform shirts and rosters the third week of each session.
Length of Games
Note: There will be no game play during Phase Two of the Safe Start re-opening plan. For Phase Three and higher, after approximately 20 minutes of training, we’ll have games for 25 minutes. Game schedules will be determined after the teams are created on week 3.
Length of Sessions
Our Starfire coaches work with teams weekly, with the first couple of classes being training sessions followed by classes that are more and more focused on playing small-sided games.
Uniform t-shirts are included in the program cost and are passed out at practice the third week of each session after teams are formed. Shin guards are required. Athletic or turf shoes. NO CLEATS please.
How to Register
- Log in to our registration site using your username and password.
- Not a member? Enter your email address in the New Customer Registration field to begin the process. Learn more about the benefits of membership.
- Once logged in, click Register on the left-hand side and under “Classes, Camps & Clinics”, select Continue.
- Select your child or “add new child” to register a new child not in the system.
- The following screen should bring up the list of Stars classes or Micro Leagues that are available for that child. You can use the drop-down menu to search for other classes. Please note that micro league registration closes after the first two weeks of each session, but it may reach capacity before this time.
- After finding the correct class, click Register and follow the prompts on the following page.
- If your child is not a current Starfire Sports Member, you can purchase a membership on the payment screen (every participant requires a valid membership to participate in the Micro League)
- In the shopping cart, click continue to proceed with payment.
- Enter your credit card number and expiration date. Select the “Process Payment” button.
- You will be sent a receipt via email.