UPDATE (3/17): Micro training will return for the Spring 2021 season! Currently, practices will only be held on Monday evenings for 6/7 year olds and 8/9 year olds. We hope to expand this to weekends again in the summer. Masks must be worn at all times, including while playing. Please refer to our Return to Play handbook and the governor’s guidance for sporting activities for COVID restrictions. Practices will be held indoors.
Micro Training presents our youngest players with basic technical training and an exciting introduction to team soccer. Each class consists of a 20 minute warm-up and training session at the beginning of each session, followed by 30 minutes of game play. Participants will be learning skills like dribbling, passing, shooting, and field-placement to make each 30-minute game more successful. Games are played on small indoor fields, encouraging children to develop ball control, an understanding of the game and the importance of teamwork. Micro is recommended for those who have at least one year of experience playing soccer, through our stars classes or a comparable program.
In conjunction with recommendations from U.S. Soccer’s Player Safety Campaign statement, we will not be practicing or providing training instruction on heading the soccer ball in an effort to limit head injuries.
Spring 2021 Session Details
The spring 2021 season begins on Monday, April 12!
All practices will be held indoor on field 2 and will be in compliance with our Return to Play policy as well as the governor’s guidance for sporting activities. Age groups and times are as follows:
6/7 year olds – Mondays at 4:30 PM; 8 weeks from April 12 through June 7 (no practice Memorial Day)
8/9 year olds – Mondays at 5:40 PM; 8 weeks from April 12 through June 7 (no practice Memorial Day)
$150 per participant. Starfire membership required. Please note that micro league fees are non-refundable. Save when you sign up for both a Starfire STEM and soccer program (details on the STEM page).
You may be eligible for financial assistance. Learn more.
Scrimmaging is permitted during phases 2 and 3 of the Washington state re-opening plan. Starfire Sports will randomly assign players to their teams. We work to meet placement requests. Players will receive team assignments, uniform shirts and rosters the third week of each session.
Length of Games
Note: For Phase Two and higher, after approximately 20 minutes of training, we’ll have games for 25 minutes.
Length of Sessions
Our Starfire coaches work with teams weekly, with the first couple of classes being training sessions followed by classes that are more and more focused on playing small-sided games.
Uniform t-shirts are included in the program cost and are passed out at practice the third week of each session after teams are formed. Players will need to bring their own soccer ball until we are permitted to regularly use shared equipment again in accordance with state guidelines. Shin guards are required. Athletic or turf shoes. NO CLEATS please.
How to Register
- Log in to our registration site using your username and password.
- Not a member? Enter your email address in the New Customer Registration field to begin the process. Learn more about the benefits of membership.
- Once logged in, click Register on the left-hand side and under “Classes, Camps & Clinics”, select Continue.
- Select your child or “add new child” to register a new child not in the system.
- The following screen should bring up the list of Stars classes or Micro Leagues that are available for that child. You can use the drop-down menu to search for other classes. Please note that micro league registration closes after the first two weeks of each session, but it may reach capacity before this time.
- After finding the correct class, click Register and follow the prompts on the following page.
- If your child is not a current Starfire Sports Member, you can purchase a membership on the payment screen (membership not currently required for participation due to the pandemic)
- In the shopping cart, click continue to proceed with payment.
- Enter your credit card number and expiration date. Select the “Process Payment” button.
- You will be sent a receipt via email.