Micro training practices are currently held for 6-7 year olds and 8-10 year olds. Online registration is strongly encouraged. Please make sure you have an up to date membership and signed waiver.
Micro Training presents our youngest players with basic technical training and an exciting introduction to team soccer. Participants will be learning skills like dribbling, passing, shooting, and field-placement to make the game portion more successful. Games are played on small indoor fields, encouraging children to develop ball control, an understanding of the game and the importance of teamwork. Micro is recommended for those who have at least one year of experience playing soccer, through our stars classes or a comparable program.
In conjunction with recommendations from U.S. Soccer’s Player Safety Campaign statement, we will not be practicing or providing training instruction on heading the soccer ball in an effort to limit head injuries.
Fall 2023 Session Details
Our Summer season details are below and registration will open on August 8th, 2023 at 10 AM. All practices will be held indoor on field 2. Each session will be 60 mins long.
Age groups and times are as follows:
6-7 year olds – Thursdays at 4:30 PM and Sundays at 9:15AM; 10 weeks from September 14th – November 19th
8-10 year olds – Thursdays at 5:45 PM and Sundays at 10:30 AM; 10 weeks from September 14th – November 19th
$190 per participant for the ten week season. Starfire membership are required. Waivers are signed. Please note that micro class fees are non-refundable. Save when you sign up for both a Starfire STEAM and soccer program (details on the STEAM page).
You may be eligible for financial assistance. Learn more.
Uniform t-shirts are included in the program cost. Players will need to bring their own soccer ball until we are permitted to regularly use shared equipment again in accordance with state guidelines. Shin guards are required. Athletic or turf shoes. NO CLEATS please.
How to Register
- Log in to our registration site using your username and password.
- Not a member? Enter your email address in the New Customer Registration field to begin the process. Learn more about the benefits of membership.
- Once logged in, click Register on the left-hand side and under “Classes, Camps & Clinics”, select Continue.
- Select your child or “add new child” to register a new child not in the system.
- The following screen should bring up the list of Stars classes or Micro Leagues that are available for that child. You can use the drop-down menu to search for other classes. Please note that micro league registration closes after the first two weeks of each session, but it may reach capacity before this time.
- After finding the correct class, click Register and follow the prompts on the following page.
- If your child is not a current Starfire Sports Member, you can purchase a membership on the payment screen (membership not currently required for participation due to the pandemic)
- In the shopping cart, click continue to proceed with payment.
- Enter your credit card number and expiration date. Select the “Process Payment” button.
- You will be sent a receipt via email.