Starfire Sports is incorporated into the State of Washington as a non-profit corporation and is designated as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization by the IRS. We are dedicated to providing the ultimate soccer experience to every player, while encouraging and empowering youth through participation in sports. Our world-class facilities and programming provide the foundation for delivering on this mission, but it is our people who make the biggest impact. We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Position: Vice President and General Manager
- Perform vice president and general manager duties in Tukwila, WA
- Accomplish objectives of organization’s social enterprise business by establishing plans, budgets and results measurements; allocating resources, reviewing progress; and making mid-course corrections
- Increase management’s effectiveness by recruiting selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, rewarding, and disciplining managers and staff in the area of youth and adult soccer complex program services
- Develop strategic plans by studying international youth and adult soccer trends and financial opportunities; presenting assumptions; and recommending objectives to the management and stakeholders
- Coordinate efforts by establishing procurement, sports services, marketing, guest services policies and practices; and coordinating actions with staff
- Build company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards and ethical business practices
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge of soccer sport trends and participation by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state of the art practices; and participating professional societies
- Train and perform all functional areas of Starfire within 90 days of hire
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, Sports and Recreation or Sports Management
- 1 year of experience as programs manager to include:
- Youth and adult program design and delivery in a social enterprise business
- Financial planning, budgeting, and operations in a social enterprise business
- Synthetic sports turf installation and operations management
- Negotiations with city government regarding public/private youth and adult sports facilities
- 3 years’ foreign Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years of above experience also acceptable.
Send resumes via email or mail to Starfire Sports Attn: Director of Finance & HR, 14800 Starfire Way, Tukwila WA 98188. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
At this time, we are not hiring for any part-time, associate positions. Our part-time associate position includes working in parking, concessions, guest services, refereeing and as a coach for our Starfire Sports Soccer Academy program. Though we are not currently hiring, we are always looking for energetic, motivated people who believe that we can make a difference in our community through soccer. Interested applicants should apply online through the Starfire Sports Employment Application. In the event that a position opens and you match our qualifications, we will be sure to contact you.
If you wish to apply to be a volunteer for a Starfire event, please fill out our Volunteer Application.