Starfire Sports is incorporated into the State of Washington as a non-profit corporation and is designated as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization by the IRS. We are dedicated to providing the ultimate soccer experience to every player, while encouraging and empowering youth through participation in sports. Our world-class facilities and programming provide the foundation for delivering on this mission, but it is our people who make the biggest impact.
Title: League Manager, Full Time
- Management of specific leagues, including sales/registration, scheduling, customer interaction, customer retention, and responsibility to achieve business targets.
- Sales and marketing of leagues utilizing telesales, email, and social media
- Customer management and team manager relations for assigned leagues.
- Report to senior management on trends, issues and new business development ideas.
- Operational management of 54 acre soccer complex during selected shifts, including management and load balancing of staff in all functional areas (Guest Services, Parking, Concessions, Referee) and emergency/crisis management
- Provide employee management and leadership of assigned staff, including training and reviews
- Accountable for all cash management in each functional area
- Attend weekly operations meetings and seasonal program meetings
- Ensure staff compliance with all Starfire policies and procedures including emergency protocols.
- One year in sports/park facility management or equivalent experience
- One year in sales/team recruiting or equivalent experience
- Ability to actively manage a facility by assessing needs, issues, emergency situations and relocate resources and staff duties
- Attention to detail, takes personal initiative, completes all work with high quality
- Motivated with ability to manage and lead others
- Ability to defuse conflict situations
- High level of communication skills
- Exceptional customer service attitude
- Ability to work flexible hours, primarily nights and weekends
- Must pass criminal history background check and e-verify
- Bi-lingual English-Spanish proficiency
- Great leadership qualities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
To apply, please complete the Starfire Sports Employment Application.
Position: Social & Digital Media Intern; Part-Time, Temporary
Hours: 12-24 hours per week
Compensation: $11 per hour
The Social and Digital Media Intern will be exposed to the day-to-day workings of Starfire Sports spanning recreational to professional-level soccer, and work to capture the essence of the business and communicate it to the market. We are looking for a motivated self-starter with a love for sports that will act as an integral part of maintaining and developing our social media presence and digital media archives. The intern will learn how to build communities among consumer groups, and promote products and events through social media. Additionally, the intern will gain valuable experience social media analytics, and how they can be used to improve the social media presence of a business.
- Update Starfire’s social media accounts with promotion of programs and initiatives, relevant news, and real-time coverage of activities and events
- Interact with social media platforms of relevant organizations and interest groups
- Monitor social media platforms and respond to posts or comments from customers
- Research social media activities of model organizations and make recommendations for new campaigns and initiatives
- Use analytics tools to assess Starfire’s social media performance and adjusts plans or strategies to optimize reach
- Interact with customers on site at Starfire to promote programs and initiatives, collect feedback, and encourage interactions with our social media accounts
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration
- Detail-oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Consistent positive attitude and outgoing personality
- Familiarity and mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
- Pursuing a marketing, business or communications degree preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours, primarily evenings and weekends
- Knowledge of and familiarity with various mobile devices and various social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
- Experience with photography, basic photo-editing and video-editing software a plus
- Criminal history background check
To apply, please send resumes to [email protected]
Though we are not currently hiring for other positions, we are always looking for enthusiastic candidates for our Starfire associate position. The part-time associate position will include working in parking, concessions, guest services, refereeing and as a coach for our kids programs. Interested applicants should apply online through the Starfire Sports Employment Application.
If you wish to apply to be a volunteer for a Starfire event, please fill out our Volunteer Application.