Starfire Sports is incorporated into the State of Washington as a non-profit corporation and is designated as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization by the IRS. We are dedicated to providing the ultimate soccer experience to every player, while encouraging and empowering youth through participation in sports. Our world-class facilities and programming provide the foundation for delivering on this mission, but it is our people who make the biggest impact.
Current Open Positions
Development and Outreach Coordinator
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Tukwila, WA
Salary: DOE. Comprehensive benefits package.
Application Contact: [email protected]
Starfire Sports, the epicenter of soccer in the northwest visited by hundreds of thousands annually, is committed to building community by delivering an inclusive, world-class soccer experience to every player that inspires, encourages and empowers our youth through participation in soccer. Since our inception over 10 years ago, we have strived to build and maintain the most beautiful soccer campus in the country while ensuring that access to our campus and programs remain inclusive to all within our community. We are proud of what we have accomplished but this is only the first phase of our plan! Starfire Phase 2 will build upon our amazing campus and partnerships (including with the Seattle Sounders FC) to utilize soccer as a platform for providing additional community service programs including youth education/mentoring, environmental awareness, health and wellness programs. The Development and Outreach Director will be instrumental in organizing community support that allows Starfire Phase 2 to become reality. They must be an experienced fundraiser or have worked in community development for a large corporation and must be able to connect and effectively communicate our mission and youth development programs to corporate and foundation executives, community leaders, and philanthropists.
Primary duties include:
- Develop, cultivate and maintain relationships with prospective individual, corporate and foundation donors.
- Serve as a public representative of the organization cultivating relationships with key corporate and foundation representatives to build awareness of and commitment to the Starfire mission.
- Develop fundraising goals in partnership with CEO and General Manager and build short and long term strategies to meet those goals.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 4 years increasing fundraising responsibility, Director of Development preferred; or significant experience within a large foundation or community development department of a major corporation.
- CFRE preferred.
- Proven track record securing funds from major gift donors.
- Successful grant application experience.
- Outstanding public speaking skills.
- Ability to use interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with potential funders, board members and staff.
- Athletic background including college level athletic participation preferred.
We are not currently hiring for the Starfire associate position. While we are not actively searching for associates, we are always on the lookout for promising applicants! The part-time associate position will include working in parking, concessions, guest services, refereeing and as a coach for our kids programs. Interested applicants should apply online through the Starfire Sports Employment Application.
If you wish to apply to be a volunteer for a Starfire event, please fill out our Volunteer Application.