This fun, fast-paced, non-competitive league coached by Starfire staff presents our youngest players with an exciting introduction to team soccer. Games are played on small indoor fields, encouraging children to develop ball control, an understanding of the game and the importance of teamwork. Micro league play is recommended to those who have at least one year of experience playing soccer, through our stars classes or a comparable program.
Each class consists of a 20 minute warm-up and training session at the beginning of each session. The kids will be learning skills like dribbling, passing, shooting, and field-placement to make each 30-minute game more successful. In conjunction with recommendations from U.S. Soccer’s Player Safety Campaign statement, we will not be practicing or providing training instruction on heading the soccer ball in an effort to limit head injuries.
The fall session is currently underway, and all classes are full. Winter begins January 7th, registration opens October 20th.
Winter 2017 Session Details
The 12-week winter session begins January 7th, with days & times as follows:
4/5 year olds- Saturdays, 9:00am to 9:50am
6/7 year olds- Saturdays, 10:00am to 10:50am
8/9 year olds- Saturdays, 11:00am to 11:50am
5/6 year olds – Sundays, 9:45am to 10:35am
7-9 year olds – Sundays, 10:45am to 11:35am
Registration opens soon! This program fills quickly, so register early to ensure your spot.
$160 per participant; sibling discounts of $15 are available and automatically applied during the registration process. Starfire membership required. T-shirt uniforms are included. Please note that league fees are non-refundable.
You may be eligible for financial assistance. Learn more.
Teams formed of four to six players, allowing for three field players, one goalie if needed, and substitutes. Starfire Sports randomly assigns players to their teams. We work to meet placement requests. Players will receive team assignments, uniform shirts and rosters the third week of each session.
Length of Games
After approximately 20 minutes of training, we’ll have games for 25 minutes. Game schedules will be determined after the teams are created on week 3.
Length of Sessions
Our Starfire coaches work with teams weekly, with the first couple of classes being training sessions followed by classes that are more and more focused on playing small-sided games.
Uniform t-shirts are included in the program cost and are passed out at practice the third week of each session after teams are formed. Shin guards are required. Athletic or turf shoes. NO CLEATS please.
How to Register
- Log in to our registration site using your username and password.
- Not a member? Enter your email address in the New Customer Registration field to begin the process. Learn more about the benefits of membership.
- Once logged in, click Register on the left-hand side and under “Classes, Camps & Clinics”, select Continue.
- Select your child or “add new child” to register a new child not in the system.
- The following screen should bring up the list of Stars classes or Micro Leagues that are available for that child. You can use the drop-down menu to search for other classes. Please note that micro league registration is only open during the first two weeks of each session.
- After finding the correct class, click Register and follow the prompts on the following page.
- If your child is not a current Starfire Sports Member, you can purchase a membership on the payment screen (every participant requires a valid membership to participate in the Micro League)
- In the shopping cart, click continue to proceed with payment.
- Enter your credit card number and expiration date. Select the “Process Payment” button.
- You will be sent a receipt via email.