At Starfire, we believe participation in soccer can shape the lives of those who play. Steve Zakuani shares this belief, and his Kingdom Hope organization is dedicated to inspiring young people to pursue and achieve their goals through the sport of soccer. With this year’s XTREME Cup, Starfire Sports & Kingdom Hope are coming together around a common sport, a common goal, and a common good. Join us and see how you can make a difference through soccer both on and off the field.
For every team that registers for the XTREME Cup, Starfire will donate $50* to Kingdom Hope. You can also get your team directly involved, building team unity and among players while supporting a great cause and competing for exciting prizes.
During the tournament, not only will teams get the ultimate tournament experience Starfire is known for, but attendees will:
- Learn about Kingdom Hope and the power of soccer at the on-site educational booth
- Learn about Steve Zakuani’s journey during a brief talk followed by a Q&A session
- Meet Steve Zakuani and other Sounders players, and
- Receive your medals from Zakuani himself
About Kingdom Hope
Kingdom Hope is an organization founded by Steve Zakuani with the purpose of helping inspire young people to pursue and achieve their goals through the sport of soccer.
This purpose will be accomplished through local soccer clinics, camps & tournaments through which Steve and other professional players will speak into the lives of these young people and bring alongside mentors to walk with and encourage them.
Kingdom Hope will is also in the process of establishing a scholarship fund that will provide support to people pursuing higher education.
The culmination of Steve’s vision will be in the development of state-of-the-art facilities (first in England, then possibly in Africa and the U.S.), that will be a residential training facility committed to the the holistic development of players (physical, educational & emotional) to bring them opportunities which they might not have access to on their own.
It is Steve’s goal through Kingdom Hope to use his position and the living of his dream, not for his own glory, but to be an inspiration and encouragement to others to become all they can be. Watch a video about Kingdom Hope
Just by signing up for the XTREME Cup, you will help to support Kingdom Hope through Starfire’s $50 donation*. Get more involved, and you can make an even bigger difference, while also vying for some great prizes:
- Raise $50 or more by the tournament weekend and be recognized at the tournament and on the Starfire Sports website
- Be one of the three top earning teams and receive a special prize for every player
- Be the top earning team and you win a day with Steve Zakuani, which includes field time at Starfire Sports and a sit down lunch in one of Starfire’s meeting rooms
How to Start a Team Fundraiser
1. Create your team fundraising page in our registration system (NOTE: If you registered before July 13th, your page has already been created and can be accessed via your account home page):
- Log in to your Starfire account. If you do not already have a Starfire account, you will need to create one.
- Click “Register” in the menu along the top
- Under “Register New or Past Team” click “Next”
- Select your name
- Under “Kingdom Hope Giving Campaign” click “Select”
- Under “Kingdom Hope Donations, coed” click “Select”
- Select “Register past team” and select the team name from the drop down box (or choose a new name by selecting “Register new team”
- You can make a donation by entering a payment amount in the box, or just click “Next” to get to your team page
- NOTE: the $2000 balance is there to allow you to make online payments and does not reflect any minimum donation amount
- Invite players, friends and family to join your team by clicking “Invite” in the Roster box on your home page or from your Kingdom Hope Donations team page, and request a donation -OR-
- Make payments on behalf of others from within your own account by clicking “Make Payment” in the roster box on your homepage and following the payment instructions
- NOTE: 3% of all credit card donations will be withheld to cover processing fees
*Excludes teams that are financially assisted by Starfire
August 24th-26th, 2012
Boys & Girls U-10 through U-19
Rec & District Teams
All one bracket
Entry fee $360
Registration deadline is
August 10th, 2012 Tournament full! Limited registrations still being accepted. Contact Teddy Mitalas at 206-267-6422 to inquire.
- 3 game minimum
- 1st & 2nd place awards
- U-10, U-11: 9v9, Mod Goals, 25 min. halves
- U-12 to U-19: 30 min. halves
- Game balls provided
- Washington State Referees
- Paid parking at Starfire